Point de Bascule n’endosse pas le contenu de ce document. Il est archivé sur ce site uniquement à des fins de référence.
Point de Bascule does not endorse the content of this document. It is archived on this website strictly for reference purposes.
Siraj Wahhaj leads a 1-month long Islamist retreat in Winnipeg
Original address: http://www.msa-natl.org/national/ER/ (dead link)
Web Archive (June 4, 1997): http://web.archive.org/web/19970604135108/http://www.msa-natl.org/national/ER/
Source: MSA National
Date of the retreat: July 18 – August 16, 1997
Original title: Educational Retreat
Director: Imam Siraj Wahaj
July 18 – August 16, 1997
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Organized by: Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)
Manitoba Islamic Association
Muslim Students’ Association (MSA) of the USA and Canada
Da’wah Academy of Pakistan
This program is designed to educate, instruct and train a select group of 40 brothers and sisters from across North America in Tafseer, Tajweed, Fiqh, Shariah, Hadith, Seerah and Islamic History.
The program will be conducted by scholars from across North America under the directorship of Imam Siraj Wahaj.
1. To educate, train and prepare young men and women to serve as teachers, speakers, scholars and activists.
2. To establish a Pan-continental network of Muslim workers, scholars and intellectuals dedicated to the service of Islam and who will cooperate, support and empower one another towards the betterment and education of Muslims of North America.
3. To prepare participants to actively contribute towards welfare of the North American society.
1. To educate a new generation of North American Muslims in Islamic studies.
2. To provide an opportunity to scholars to teach their curriculum and to share their experiences.
3. To create an environment which is safe and conducive to learning and is in keeping with Islamic principles.
4. To develop a strong Muslim personality and to inculcate an Islamic identity through social, personal and group inter-action with the scholars.
5. To establish a new group of students of Islam, who will Insh’Allah carry on the work and legacy of the present generation of scholars.
6. To provide a firm educational foundation for pursuing specialization in various fields of Islamic studies.
7. To encourage and challenge students to think independently, creatively and critically.
8. To develop analytical thinking based on Qur’an and Sunnah.
Mohammad Nur Abdullah*
M. Abdul Jabbar*
Anis Ahmed* (Pakistan)
Taha Jabir Al Awani*
Ahmed El Kadi*
Mahmood Ghazi* (Pakistan)
Jafar Sheikh Idris*
1. 19 years of age or over.
2. Applicant must successfully complete a verbal and/or written interview with the Selection Committee.
3. Provide three references.
4. Able to read the Quran and possess a fair knowledge of Hadith.
5. Willing to abide by the rules, regulations and expectations of the retreat.
6. Applicant must complete pre-retreat assignments which will be provided to them by the end of May 1997.
7. Applicants must be active members of their community.
Local communities, Islamic Associations and Organizations are requested to sponsor applicants by financial contributions towards the cost of transportation and registration.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
The deadline for applying is May 5, 1997 (extended from March 31). Applicants must pay in full by May 5, 1997, as well.
The fee of $1000 will cover the cost of lodging, food and course material.
FEE REFUND POLICY
1. The committee needs to inform and guarantee the University one month in advance as to the number of participants, to arrange for accommodation and food. The committee does not have any financial resources to cover last minute changes. This refund policy was developed based on the requirements from the University.
2. Last day to withdraw from the program will be July 7, 1996. $100 will be deducted from the refund to cover expenses incurred.
50% of the fee paid will be deducted between July 8 to July 16, 1997.
3. No refund will be made after July 16, 1997.
Imam Siraj Wahaj – Program Director
Br. Khalid Iqbal – Assistant Director
Sr. Shahina Siddiqui – Assistant Director
Br. Aalim Fevens – MSA Coordinator
For more information please contact any of the above.