Médias / Média
Journaux par pays / Newspapers by countries
Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)
Informations essentielles / Basic information
– CIA Factbook: United Arab Emirates
Articles / Point de Bascule
– Point de Bascule (July 11, 2014): Muslim Brotherhood-linked Montreal high school managed by Samer Majzoub received $US 70,671 from Kuwait embassy
Références / References
– Kuwait news agency (October 21, 2007): Kuwait donated one million dollars in scholarships to three Canadian universities: McGill, Alberta (Edmonton) and Ottawa / WebArchive – Archive.Today
– KUNA (Kuwait – October 14, 2010): In front of the Kuwait Chamber of Commerce, Canadian Minister of International Trade Peter Van Loan stressed that Canada recognizes that trade, investment and economic development are closely tied to many other goals in the region, goals such as peace, security and promotion of the rule of law.
– KUNA (Washington – November 6, 2010): Kuwait’s Health Minister Dr. Hilal Al-Sayer visited Montreal. He met with officials from McGill University and MUHC Hospitals Group discussing a deal signed with the Chest Hospital in Kuwait. The delegation also visited the Montreal Neuro Institute (MNI).
– KUNA (Washington – November 22, 2011): Undersecretary of Higher Education Dr. Khalid Al-Saad to participate at theCanadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) 45th Annual Conference, held in Ottawa. He said that he was invited to talk during the Canada-Arab Forum, ‘which is held on the sidelines of the conference’, about Kuwait’s scholarship programs and objectives “to encourage Kuwaiti students to pursue their studies in Canadian universities.”
– KUNA (Kuwait – August 26, 2013): Canadian Minister of International Trade, Edward Fast, announced the opening of a visa application center in Kuwait, to facilitate the issuing of visas for Kuwaitis traveling to Canada, branding the move a “step forward in relations.” Fast also visited the construction site of the future Algonquin College campus and described the project as “ambitious”
– KUNA (Washington – February 3, 2014): Kuwait’s Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs has donated $70,671 US to a Montreal school. A representative of the Kuwaiti embassy in Canada handed over the sum to Samer Al-Majthoub the Financial Manager.
– KUNA (Kuwait – March 24, 2014): The Minister of Higher Education Ahmad Al-Mulaifi met with Canadian Ambassador Douglas George and Trade Commissioner Yolande Lansing to discuss ways to enhance bilateral cooperation in scientific, cultural and educational fields, and facilitate visa procedures for Kuwaiti students and their parents.
– KUNA (Kuwait Embassy in Canada – June 18, 2014): Kuwaiti nationals traveling to Canada are advised to follow the guidelines and get acquainted with the country’s laws in order to avoid any unnecessary troubles. Travelers are also advised to keep their passports.
– Marie-Cécile Royen (Le Vif / L’Express – 6 mars 2015) : Le Qatar et le Koweït financent le relai des Frères Musulmans en Belgique